Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeydino63
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 4k will not boot

We just bought the more expensive version as we never got any help from Roku. Never got money back either.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Amandamb579 @Mollyw99 @mikeydino63

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing on screen? How are you powering the Roku device? Are you seeing the same issue if you connect the device to another TV?

As a last resort, have you already tried factory reseting the device to see if you still seeing the issue persist? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amandamb579
Channel Surfer

Danny, 

I have held in the reset for timed 30 seconds and 45 seconds. Screen goes black so I disconnected for 24 hours and went back to dancing logo. Then I tried again and left it unplugged for a week then went right back to the dancing logo. There is nothing I can do from here to fix this and I have had this for over 30 days. Is there anything ROKU will do to help me or am I just gonna have to replace this myself? What to do?!

0 Kudos
mmurph
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with my Roku Express 4K+. I have tried resetting it with the button on the back, but the screen goes black and does not recover. Not sure what to do now, or if I just need to buy a new one. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Amandamb579

Thanks for the follow up.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? We always recommend the latter.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mmurph

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmurph
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuDanny-R!

I am plugging my device straight into the wall to power it. Every time I turn on the Roku it just has the dancing Roku letters and music and when I try to reset it manually with the button on the back, the screen just turns black and won't come back on, even after holding the reset button for 30-45 seconds. This happens every time I turn the Roku on now. I haven't been able to use it in a month, but just haven't had time to look into it. 

0 Kudos
Amandamb579
Channel Surfer

I had the power cord plugged into the wall outlet. I’m not sure what else I can do. I’m sure it’s just dead. Which is very disappointing since I’ve had it less than 6 months. I’ve purchased 2 of the cheap original ROKU’s and had no issues. One of them Ive had about 3 years with no real big problems. Then I get the advanced model and it breaks after a couple of months!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mmurph

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmurph
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R here are the specific numbers on the back of my Roku:

SN: S07P41CNW5WR

Model: 3941X

Thanks!