Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juccello
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k+ will not boot

Same issue as others on this thread.  Device wont get past the bouncing Roku on the boot up screen.  Unplugged several times with no change, then I tried the factory rest set button and now I'm getting nothing but the little blue light on the Roku.  Device is approx 6 month old.  Please help.

0 Kudos
Juccello
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4k+ will not boot

Tried disconnecting power again and I'm back to the bouncing Roku...this is terrible.

0 Kudos
mikeydino63
Channel Surfer

We just bought a new one. The old one just does not work.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Juccello,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

I have a few more questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables?
4. Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with the bouncing logo?
5. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juccello
Reel Rookie

RokuMary-F:

1. When did this issue first start occurring? Everything worked fine Wednesday (Mar 30) evening and Thursday (Mar 31) evening the issue started.
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? I cannot access other channels because of this behavior, that is what Roku is for.
3. How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? Device is powered by a wall outlet with the cables provided by Roku.
4. Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with the bouncing logo? Not powered by HDMI.
5. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? No I have not, all other devices work fine including the other Roku I have in another room.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Juccello,

Thanks for the quick response.
If the issue remains unresolved, please provide us the serial number/device ID of your Roku device, and if you are able to get the software OS/version by going to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juccello
Reel Rookie

Mary:

Below is the information of my Roku device:

SN: S07P515ANDJ9

Model: 3941X

I am unable to get the software OS/version because the device will not boot up, as noted previously.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Juccello,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amandamb579
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 4k will not boot

I am having the same issue!! How do I get this fixed?! I bought mine about 5 months ago. Is it dead?! Do I have to buy a new one?! What to do?!

0 Kudos
Mollyw99
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 4k will not boot

My roku stick is the doing the same thing I have tried different outlets as well as restarting it several times and it is still stuck on the bouncing logo. 

0 Kudos