Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beerman3306
Level 7

Roku Express 4k+ gets "No Signal" from old Vizio TV when opening Apps

Just purchased 3 Roku Express 4K+. 2 of the 3 work great. The other is getting a "no signal" message on an older VIZIO TV when I open any app. It will open the app and get to the " this seems to be taking longer than normal" message and then go to the TV "No Signal" and bounce back to the bouncing ROKU graphic. I have reset, unplugged the TV and Roku player. Moved the power cable from the USB port on the TV to a receptacle. Changed the HDMI cable. If I unplug the power strip everything is plugged in to, it will work until I turn it off. The ROKU player blue light stays on constantly on this one unit, even when it is powered down. The 2 that work fine go dark when powered off. Is that telling me something I don't know? I have moved this player to where the other players are working and it does the same there. Also have an excellent WIFI connection. Seems like it may just be a faulty player. ???

TIA for any insight.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express 4k+ gets "No Signal" from old Vizio TV when opening Apps

@beerman3306

Thanks for the.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? If you powering the Roku device through an outlet, what is the issue you are seeing? Are you unplugging the device when not in use?

With more clarification we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos