Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ereagan
Level 7

Roku Express + (3910RW) - Screen randomly flashes black for 1 second while streaming video.

I have a 3910RW at my seasonal place at the beach, it worked perfectly last year, when I got there this year I update the device to the most current Roku OS.  Since doing so at random intervals while streaming video content (Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, etc.) the screen will flash black for 1 second, and then the video will pick up where it dropped off.  It seems to happen at random intervals, with no set pattern. 

So far I have tried:

- Rebooting the Roku device several times
- Used different HDMI cables
- Used different HDMI ports on the TV
- Used different power cable
- Used different power supply
- Updated the channel apps to the most recent versions

Nothing I have tried has rectified the situation, other than using an Amazon Fire Stick that I keep in my laptop case for use in hotel rooms when I travel for work. 

I would like to resolve this issue and not have to send the 3910RW to the county landfill. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 17

Re: Roku Express + (3910RW) - Screen randomly flashes black for 1 second while streaming video.

You can try to manually configure Display (Settings/Display) to the resolution of your TV (1080p?).

If it updated to OS10 (Settings/System/About), you may be able to roll back to 9.4:  Home 5x, FF 3x, RW 2x, Update software, Update now (if offered 9.4)

Otherwise, report this directly to Roku:

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
ereagan
Level 7

Re: Roku Express + (3910RW) - Screen randomly flashes black for 1 second while streaming video.

@StreamerUser wrote:

You can try to manually configure Display (Settings/Display) to the resolution of your TV (1080p?).

Yes, I tried this.  The TV is 1080p, and I tried setting the Roku to auto detect, 720p and 1080p and this did not resolve the problem. I also reset the TV's picture settings to default from dynamic. Nothing has yet stopped this from happening. 

If it updated to OS10 (Settings/System/About), you may be able to roll back to 9.4:  Home 5x, FF 3x, RW 2x, Update software, Update now (if offered 9.4)

The device is running v9.4, I don't know the exact build since I am not at that residence currently and won't be back there until May 21. 

Otherwise, report this directly to Roku:

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

Thanks for the suggestion of stating I am having an issues with a supported device, since the 3910 is no longer "supported" accoring to Roku and the support site sent me here to search for a solution. 

I have already switched all of the TVs at my primary residence to Google Chomecast with Google TV and sold my older Roku devices (Roku SE 2710X, Roku Streaming Stick 3600X, Roku 3 4200X, Roku 4230X) on eBay.  I did keep my Roku HD-XR N1101, which is unsupported and no longer functions.

Maybe it is time to swap out the Roku devices at my other residences since in my opinon the Google Chomecast with Google TV is a much better user experience vs the Roku OS. More importantly I can use a USB-C hub with power delivery to add a keyboard, mouse, more stroage and a wired ethernet port to the device.  You can even add a USB camera to make Google Duo calls.

0 Kudos