Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nina1986
Visitor

Roku Express 3900x keeps shutting off

I bought a Roku Express 3900x for the kids for Christmas. It had been working without problems for the first couple of days. But since yesterday it only comes on for a short time (like 30 seconds) and then it shuts off and the white light on the device flashes twice, then stops, then flashes twice again and so on. The TV screen goes blank saying "no signal".
Has anyone experienced a similar problem or does anyone have any suggestions about what could be the problem?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 3900x keeps shutting off

Are you using an official Roku power cube for it? That sounds like a power issue. Just a guess...
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
nina1986
Visitor

Yes, it's the original Roku cable and plug that came with it.

I just tried it with another cable (a phone charger) and there a red light came on and it didn't work at all. So, it seems to be a different issue.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

"nina1986" wrote:
Yes, it's the original Roku cable and plug that came with it.

I just tried it with another cable (a phone charger) and there a red light came on and it didn't work at all. So, it seems to be a different issue.

It definitely sounds like the power supply, but since the whole thing is new, I'd suggest returning it for exchange. This isn't normal.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MeganNic
Reel Rookie

So Roku been aware of the problem and you keep telling customers it’s their power unit which cannot be the case in every case because even after we follow your specific instructions the device still shuts down which means it’s the device itself and if that’s the case I would like a refund on all 3 devices I have purchased within a month time and now all of a sudden it’s just keeps shutting off or freezing even after it’s reset 

0 Kudos

Having this problem now. We’re you ever able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Pastormac21 

Sometimes just a power supply issue.

1. Try using the power adapter at the wall outlet rather than TV USB power port.

2. Try replacing the power adapter. (Try cell phone charging adapter 5v 1 amp)

3. Try replacing the power cable. (Try cell phone charging cable micro usb connector at Roku device end)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos