Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nina1986
Level 7

Roku Express 3900x keeps shutting off

I bought a Roku Express 3900x for the kids for Christmas. It had been working without problems for the first couple of days. But since yesterday it only comes on for a short time (like 30 seconds) and then it shuts off and the white light on the device flashes twice, then stops, then flashes twice again and so on. The TV screen goes blank saying "no signal".
Has anyone experienced a similar problem or does anyone have any suggestions about what could be the problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku Express 3900x keeps shutting off

Are you using an official Roku power cube for it? That sounds like a power issue. Just a guess...
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
nina1986
Level 7

Yes, it's the original Roku cable and plug that came with it.

I just tried it with another cable (a phone charger) and there a red light came on and it didn't work at all. So, it seems to be a different issue.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"nina1986" wrote:
Yes, it's the original Roku cable and plug that came with it.

I just tried it with another cable (a phone charger) and there a red light came on and it didn't work at all. So, it seems to be a different issue.

It definitely sounds like the power supply, but since the whole thing is new, I'd suggest returning it for exchange. This isn't normal.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos