Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turnip
Level 9

Roku Express 3900X - slow, apps crash, do I need new model?

I've had many Roku's including the 1st one when it was still owned by Netflix, lots of Roku boxes, even a Roku TV. 

My main TV now has a Roku Express 3900x.   For the last few months, it's super slow.  Like when I load an app I haven't used for a day or 2 (Amazon, Netflix, Apple TV) it has to "re-install" and "re-load".  Even if used it the day before, if i used 2 or 3 other apps since, it's like it doesn't keep it in memory. 

In addition, certain apps really work very slowly and often crash (HBO Max in particular). 

I've been buying Roku Expresses for a couple years and like them because I don't need 4K content, but I wonder if they are too weak or I just need a new one. 

I've contemplated getting the Roku Soundbar but i'm worried about audio synch Issue.   I had a 65" Roku TV where I was quarantining and it had a sound/synch issue when connected to cable tv (that was a known issue i learned later) that drove me insane .  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express 3900X - slow, apps crash, do I need new model?

@Turnip

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing any unused channels from your Home screen and restarting your Roku device to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing regarding loading channels?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos