Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benvaldo
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 3900X left half screen flicker

Device ID c338d8822436.

Serial number YG008U822436

Software version 10.5.0 build 4208-51

I have power cycled this device. I power cycled my TV. I have power cycled my stereo. I've connected directly from my Roku into my stereo, or from the Roku directly to the TV. I have tried about six different HDMI cables. The Roku is flickering on my television screen, regardless of which television I connected to. Both my PlayStation and my Xbox don't flicker on the TV when connected through the stereo or directly to the TV. 

I have even tried blowing on the Roku Express like we used to do with the Nintendo cartridges...kidding. 

The screen flicker could be described as follows. Roughly once every second there is a flicker or jitter on the left half of the screen only. I can't adjust the refresh rate on my TV or on the Roku Express. I have a feeling it has to do with the refresh rate but not entirely positive. 

Someone please help me 🙏

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
remaker
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 3900X left half screen flicker

This actually sounds like a TV hardware issue, I'm afraid.

Try another HDMI port or another TV.

0 Kudos
Benvaldo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 3900X left half screen flicker

I did a hard-reset of the Roku device and the problem has been resolved. This issue seems to pop up every 6 to 9 months. Hard resetting the Roku device works every time