Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1christophert
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU Streaming Stick Distorted Sound

I also have tried all those things on my Roku ultra, and absolutely cannot watch anything.  It's sounds as if the audio has slowed way down.  Looks like I'll be buying another Nvidia shield or the new Chromecast with Android tv when it comes out.  As others have said, Roku, you need to get your **bleep** together.  You used to have great working products but now it seems all you're worried about is making a dime.

Roku Ultra (4670 series)  

0 Kudos
Cennet

So, we have discovered for whatever reason when ours has the garbled sound...if we use the Roku remote on the phone...it fixes it. When we use the regular Roku remote...it's still garbled. Not only have we had issues with the garbled sound but also loss of sound altogether on the Roku altogether but TV still has sound. We've tried changing all sound settings and restarting and none of that fixes it...only switching between roku and phone roku remote.

0 Kudos
stevecon
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU ULTRA Distorted Sound

I had a similar issue with distorted / garbled audio that drove me crazy on my Ultra, but not present on other Roku sticks or RokuTVs - but was able to fix it.  Here's how I did it:

1) Press the star button on the remote.

2) Navigate to Advanced Sound Settings --> Volume Mode --> Leveling. 

3) Set it to OFF.

DONE!

I hope this helps!  

AceCVL

I have 2 Roku Ultras on two completely different home theater setups, connected to seperate wifi sections of my mesh network and they both display this same sound problem.  I have not tried the audio leveling disable fix, but if that is truly the fix, Roku, you need to work on the firmware that handles that to stabilize it!

0 Kudos
MSch

It happens on every app through Roku, that’s how I know it’s not my $4000 tv.

I’ve resolved the problem temporarily by unhooking roku to the electrical outlet since resetting anything in Audio never resolves it. 
temporarily til the next random time it acts up. It’s the the hdmi cable, it’s not the tv, it’s not the Audio settings.... it’s the roku. 

0 Kudos
MSch

I’ve resolved the problem temporarily by unhooking roku to the electrical outlet since resetting anything in Audio never resolves it. 
temporarily til the next random time it acts up. It’s the the hdmi cable, it’s not the tv, it’s not the Audio settings.... it’s the roku. 

0 Kudos
MSch

Re: Roku Distorted Sound During Playback - Restart Helps Temporarily

0 Kudos
haneef
Reel Rookie

Yes, turning off Volume leveling OFF worked for me. The problem hasn't happened for me in weeks now.

So, basically, Roku has a feature in their SW that is very erratic on most Roku devices. Not just the Ultra.

0 Kudos
MSch

Mine acted up yesterday, it’s random. Makes no sense since nothing else has changed. And it’s not a software update issue. 
Stay well. 

0 Kudos
turbodpv

Re: Roku Distorted Sound During Playback - Restart Helps Temporarily

My new Samsung TV sounds terrible when playing Netflix, Plex, Hulu, Prime and HBO Now through the Roku.  Fortunately I was able to install all these apps, I care about, directly into my new Samsung TV and they all sound great. So I just watch them all directly from my apps bar on the new Samsung TV.

I've abandoned the Roku now.

0 Kudos