Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rm820
Reel Rookie

Roku Device Limit Reached Message

I just subscribed for the Roku Channel on my laptop yesterday, and have already been getting "Device Limit Reached" messages frequently. This is the only device I have watched anything on, and it is quite annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? If it is persistent I probably won't continue my subscription. 

8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Device Limit Reached Message

@rm820 

Couple of things.

There is no subscription to have a Roku. If somebody charged you for a subscription simply to have a Roku, you were scammed. Roku doesn't charge to assist with setup, nor to use the device.

There are subscriptions to content services such as Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and such, but if you cancel all subscriptions, you can still use a Roku.

There is no subscription for Roku Channel. Now, Roku Channel does offer access to premium services, but just to use Roku Channel? No charge. And lots of free content.

Next, log in to your Roku account and scroll all the way down. All of your Roku devices should be listed there. That account should be the same email address you see on Settings > System > About, and should be the same one you used here on this forum.

With that information, what might be going on? Anything we can help with?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rm820
Reel Rookie

It is a premium channel subscription, for only one specific channel I am interested in (4.99/MO). 

Under my account settings, I have no devices listed. The sub has only been used on my laptop.

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@rm820 wrote:

... Under my account settings, I have no devices listed. ...

The email account you logged into on https://my.roku.com should match the email address on Settings > System > About

Do they not?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rm820
Reel Rookie

The email addresses do match. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@rm820 

That is quite unexpected. If you have a Roku with your email address showing on Settings > System > About, then at least it should be showing at the bottom of your Roku Account page on the Website, under My Linked Devices.

The fact that nothing is showing there is not normal. Tagging @RokuDanny-R @RokuMary-F @RokuKariza-D 

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rm820

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. 
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-screenshot of the message you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rm820
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, its on a laptop. "This Old House" channel- the only channel I subscribe to.

I haven't been able to add a screenship on here, but the exact message is:

"Stream Limit Exceeded"

Subscriptions allow up to 3 simultaneous streams per account. To start playback, end one of your streams and retry.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rm820

Thanks for the post.

If you are only experiencing this issue on a laptop, have you tried logging out of the website and re-authenticating with your credentials? In addition, have you tried clearing your browser cookies and cache to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos