Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Channel - "Cold Case S3:E20 Death Penalty: Final Appeal" problem watching in Chrome Browser

I was trying to play the video on the Roku Channel on my Chrome Browser and the video stopped on this episode around 4 minutes into it.  It seems to work fine on my Roku 3, but not in my browser (which is where I watch most o the Roku Channel's videos).

Any suggestions as to why only this video has a problem?  I've watched almost all of the first 3 seasons without any problems with the exception of this episode.  Kinda makes me wary of watching the remaining episodes.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku Channel - "Cold Case S3:E20 Death Penalty: Final Appeal" problem watching in Chro

Well if you insist on using Chrome go into Settings then Advanced

then System and turn off Hardware acceleration. You dont need it.

then close Chrome and reopen see what happens.

There is also this from the Developers https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6138475?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

For the record I dont like or use Javascript so you can omit that suggestion as far as Im concerned.

But just turning off Hardware acceleration should work fine.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos