Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dukiejosh54
Level 10

Roku ARC Dolby Plus not working after roku update 9.3

I have a TCL series 6 i was having no issues with ARC dolby plus till i updated to 9.3 version today. Now i can't get any sound when i'm using doly plus, not even in the roku menu, I talked to someone else and they said they had the isue before the update and 9.3 update fixed theirs. Is anyone else having the issue after update 9.3? is there a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ARC Dolby Plus not working after roku update 9.3

Have you restarted the unit after receiving the update? Also, do a manual System Update check to make sure all your channel apps get updated for the new Roku version.
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
dukiejosh54
Level 10

Ya I did, it's not anything to do with the apps because as soon as I switch the settings to dolby plus the sounds for roku's menu stop making noise

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

If you manually updated you can try to revert to the previously working RokuOS version:

Press: Home (5x) FF (3x) RW (2x) and then "update software" - if it offers you the previous version, "update now".

It should hold until the next automatic update process for your device (at whatever point Roku pushes an automatic update).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dukiejosh54
Level 10

Ok thanks! i didn't know that was possible. I will try that and let you know if it works

0 Kudos