Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dukiejosh54
Level 10

Roku ARC Dolby Plus not working after roku update 9.3

I have a TCL series 6 i was having no issues with ARC dolby plus till i updated to 9.3 version today. Now i can't get any sound when i'm using doly plus, not even in the roku menu, I talked to someone else and they said they had the isue before the update and 9.3 update fixed theirs. Is anyone else having the issue after update 9.3? is there a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku ARC Dolby Plus not working after roku update 9.3

Have you restarted the unit after receiving the update? Also, do a manual System Update check to make sure all your channel apps get updated for the new Roku version.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
dukiejosh54
Level 10

Ya I did, it's not anything to do with the apps because as soon as I switch the settings to dolby plus the sounds for roku's menu stop making noise

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 15

If you manually updated you can try to revert to the previously working RokuOS version:

Press: Home (5x) FF (3x) RW (2x) and then "update software" - if it offers you the previous version, "update now".

It should hold until the next automatic update process for your device (at whatever point Roku pushes an automatic update).

0 Kudos
dukiejosh54
Level 10

Ok thanks! i didn't know that was possible. I will try that and let you know if it works

0 Kudos