Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deciacco
Level 7

Re: Roku 8.1 Update causing Netflix shows to freeze

Hi there...was hoping for some help with this issue. I've tried uninstall, restart, install....full disconnected restart, etc. Netflix app shows the Netflix logo and doesn't go any further. Not sure what else to try.

3600X
5S4671239172
8.1.0 build 4145-24
0 Kudos
Griff100
Level 7

I’ve been having the same issue w/ Netflix hanging on the ‘Retrieving....’ screen on all 3 of my Roku’s for over a week. Everything else works and Sony TV w/Netflix, laptops, and iPhones doesn’t have this issue. It’s like all the Rokus decided to stop working on the same day. I have done all of the reset/reboots to Roku, router, and U-Verse/DirecTV multiple times to no avail. Can anyone help resolve this issue?

Model: 3050x
S/n: 12C1C2103849
S/n: 12C1C7091207
S/n: 12G31R063084
Software version 8.1.0 build 4131

Netflix is working on the Roku 3....
Model: 4200x
S/n: 1GN389098203
Software version 8.1.0 build 4145
0 Kudos
ahatcher
Level 7

We see netflix freeze daily.   

I've factory reset.   

deleted netflix, rebooted.  reinstalled.   same.

however, if i open my laptop, browser to netflix, i can watch the same show perfect, and will see it freeze on roku 3 stick.

immediately jump to:
Hulu.  fine
roku videos fine:
prime: fine.
netflix:  ... and freezes.  spinning % and continues.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I watched a movie on Netflix Monday on my Ultra with no issues. These sort of issues are maddening to the developers, when they can't replicate the problem. 
ahatcher: what Roku are you using? There's no such thing as a Roku 3 Stick. There's two different versions of the Roku 3, and five different models of Stick. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
beckiesue2
Level 7

I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread, but I am having this same problem on my Insignia Roku TV. It only happens with Netflix. Freezes on the opening screen. Sometimes lets me get to the point where I can begin to scroll through shows on the menu, but then freezes and I have to shut the whole tv off. Just curious to know if anyone ever found a solution? Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Roku movies all work fine. Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"beckiesue2" wrote:
I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread, but I am having this same problem on my Insignia Roku TV. It only happens with Netflix. Freezes on the opening screen. Sometimes lets me get to the point where I can begin to scroll through shows on the menu, but then freezes and I have to shut the whole tv off. Just curious to know if anyone ever found a solution?  Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Roku movies all work fine. Thanks for any help!

I just cancelled Netflix, so can't offer any further help with that. But as of late last week I was using it just fine on my Insignia TV, as well as my Ultra. My Insignia is still on version 8.2.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@beckiesue2

Try removing the Netflix channel from your Roku TV by navigating to the Netflix channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, go to Settings>System>Power>System restart and restart your TV. Once the TV loads up again, go to 'Streaming channels>Search channels' and add the Netflix channel back once more. 

See if this helps clear up the issue from there. If not, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About and I'll follow up directly to see what else we can suggest. 

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as it pertains to a previous version of Roku OS and is no longer current. If anyone else is seeing a similar issue, please create a new topic for more help. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos