Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dbld72
Reel Rookie

Roku 4K stick green glitch issues

Help!…..from day 1 my new Roku 4K stick during playback of any movie source I get periodic green electrical type “glitches” that flash foe a split second….randomly during movies it does it quite a bit….then it’ll stop flashing for periods of time then start again….

live tried different hdmi ports, usb power ports and regular wall plug in….but doesn’t help……is anyone having these issues?…..please let me know…..thanx

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4K stick green glitch issues

@Dbld72 

You said "any movie source." Let's get specific, because that can usually help. Name three.

You said "movie source." Is that only movies? Or is it any video, to include YouTube, or TV shows such as via Hulu, Pluto TV, or other?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Dbld72
Reel Rookie

Hi yes….any source playback that runs through the Roku 4K stick…..I’ll also note that the stick gets really hot to the touch…..I’ve read that’s normal but wow!….

green glitches appear on my tv provider Spectrum, Peacock, Pluto, Disney, Hulu….any of the movie apps…..

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Dbld72 wrote:

…..I’ll also note that the stick gets really hot to the touch…..I’ve read that’s normal but wow!…. 

The device should be warm to the touch. Maybe very warm. But hot? No. If your device is under warranty, pursue a return: Roku returns 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos