Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlucas44

Roku 4K TV streaming issues

The Roku TV displays the apps and the selections clearly but upon selecting a movie or show to watch, the steaming content is extremely dark and fuzzy.  I tried this across NetFlix, Sling, Hulu, HBOMax and Prime Video…all have the same issue.  The picture quality is great when viewing the home page of each app but once a movie or show is selected, it gets dark and fuzzy.  Oh…Disney+ works fine, so this is baffling.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 4K TV streaming issues

Hello @wlucas44

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For us to isolate the cause of the problem, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-Does the issue happen on all content that you view?
-Kind of content you are accessing (4K, 1080p, etc)
-Screenshot when the issue happens

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CB779

Picture was full frame 50” last night, today it’s about a 1/4 of that, we tried aspect etc.  Nothing. Also! Roku setup , registration and ap on iPad does not display correctly, keyboard covers everything. Have latest software updates installed. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CB779

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-image of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
John43

My problem is similar but a bit different. I actually have 2 identical Roku devices each connect to a different LG tv. One tv is 7 years old and the Roku allows me to watch streaming (Discovery + and FOX Nation for example), just fine.

The second device purchased the same day, etc. is connected to a new LG 55" and it has the problem.

Everything looks great UNTIL I get to the very last selection that I might be making in either of the above mentioned apps and at that point the actual video itself is extremely "fuzzy" even though each screen leading up to that final selection is very crisp and excellent! HELP!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@John43, that would point to a Wi-Fi issue.  Is the second device farther from the router?  Can you swap the two devices to see if the problem is with the device or with the location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos