Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theuser86
Level 7

Re: Roku 4620X does not show 5.1 audio options for any channel

"jeffrok" wrote:
As crappy of a solution as it sounds, you may have to try a factory reset on your 4620.. There's got to be a setting that got set, preventing 5.1 audio..a  factory reset may help.

I agree, there is no reason it shouldn't work especially if it works on 2 other Roku devices you've tried with the same setup.
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Out of curiosity, how is your HDMI cabled?

Configuration 1:
Roku HDMI --> Pioneer HDMI in
Pioneer HDMI out --> TV HDMI in

Configuration 2:
Roku HDMI -> TV HDMI in
TV HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) Out -> Pioneer HDMI in

If you are using Configuration 2 with a 1080P TV then I would recommend trying Configuration 1.

You could also try Configuration 1 with a 4k TV but it should be noted that the Pioneer VSX-1120K will downgrade the HDCP to 1.4a which will likely result in several channels or possibly the Roku entirely refusing to display at 4k.

My guess is the 4620 handshakes only with the immediate device and just sees a stereo tv while the 4640 may be seeing the entire HDMI chain.  My guess might be incorrect.

As a side note, I want so much for the industry to ditch HDMI and Intel HDCP.  Smiley Tongue  They should be considered a support nightmare that is also holding the industry back.
0 Kudos
chiquito3
Level 7

Hello Guys!
A factory Reset fixed the issue and now I can see the 5.1 DD+ option in Netflix and Amazon.
I have no idea what was the problem but that fixed it.

Thanks a lot to you all for your suggestions!!!!!!
0 Kudos
woodwiz2
Level 7

My problem with my Ultra 4660X not recognizing dolby digital + with solved also by a factory reset as chiquito3 had done.  Hope this will not be a frequent thing.  All is good now.
0 Kudos
gmoesch
Level 7

I did the Factory Reset on my 4660X and still the same crap.  No Dolby Digital in Netflix and Amazon shows it but won't play it.  The last update is when it started for sure.  Version  9.1.0 Build 4111-46.  Not my equipment as Fire TV and Built In Smart Apps work fine.  Very frustrating.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"gmoesch" wrote:
I did the Factory Reset on my 4660X and still the same crap.  No Dolby Digital in Netflix and Amazon shows it but won't play it.  The last update is when it started for sure.  Version  9.1.0 Build 4111-46.  Not my equipment as Fire TV and Built In Smart Apps work fine.  Very frustrating.  Any ideas?

Name your actual hookups and your actual equipment, so we can actually troubleshoot.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
gmoesch
Level 7

I figured it out.  Thanks!  I got a TV firmware update and had to go into the Factory Service Hidden menu and set back to DTS from PCM. 
0 Kudos