Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiquito3
Level 7

Roku 4620X does not show 5.1 audio options for any channel

I have a Roku 4620X that use to play and show the 5.1 DD+ options for any channel, but then suddenly it is not showing the option to play DD+ audio material. Everything is play as ProLogic. Does anyone has any Idea why?
I do have and old Roku 3 that still shows the DD+ option if the program has that feature and also plays it.
Please advise why?
0 Kudos
16 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 4620X does not show 5.1 audio options for any channel

Do you have any audio modes enabled, such as night listening or other setting (different Roku players have different modes available)? Depending on the mode, it could force the Roku into stereo mode only. Night listening (or whatever name they call it) does it for sure. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
chiquito3
Level 7

Thanks for your reply. I tried switching night mode on and off and no luck. Netflix doesn't even show the 5.1 audio option and Amazon shows that the show has that feature but the receiver does play in ProLogic. The Roku3 has the same settings and it does work well playing and showing the option for 5.1 audio. The Roku 4620 worked well until recently. I really can't understand what is going wrong.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

Follow the directions below.  Under the Audio settings on the Roku system settings, set Audio Mode to "Auto", and set HDMI to "Dolby D+".

What is the make and model of your AV receiver? We can double check to make sure it supports Dolby D+, which is different than Dolby D.

https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how-to-fix-%E2%80%98no-audio%E2%80%99-problems-on-roku.207643/
0 Kudos
chiquito3
Level 7

"theuser86" wrote:
Follow the directions below.  Under the Audio settings on the Roku system settings, set Audio Mode to "Auto", and set HDMI to "Dolby D+".

What is the make and model of your AV receiver? We can double check to make sure it supports Dolby D+, which is different than Dolby D.

https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how-to-fix-%E2%80%98no-audio%E2%80%99-problems-on-roku.207643/

I tried the settings you said and it still the same. No 5.1 DD+.
My receiver is very capable of decoding DD+ since I have a Roku3 that works well with the same receiver. It is a Pioneer VSX-1120K.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

My only other suggestion is try a different HDMI cable, and if that doesn’t work try a different HDMI input on the AVR.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

Also try turning off Automatic Volume Levelling from the link below.

https://support.roku.com/article/226802 ... ng-device-
0 Kudos
chiquito3
Level 7

I tried all your suggestions but none of them worked. A coworker lend me a Roku Ultra 4640X and it works very good with 5.1 DD+.
Software version is still on 8.1.0 build 4137-29. I just hope that if it takes the upgrade it won't continue to play DD+ audio.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"chiquito3" wrote:
I tried all your suggestions but none of them worked. A coworker lend me a Roku Ultra 4640X and it works very good with 5.1 DD+.
Software version is still on 8.1.0 build 4137-29. I just hope that if it takes the upgrade it won't continue to play DD+ audio.

The 4640 has a built in DD encoder, so should be fine. My 4640 has 9.1 on it, and i have no audio problems (or any problems for that matter) with my Yamaha AVR.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

As crappy of a solution as it sounds, you may have to try a factory reset on your 4620.. There's got to be a setting that got set, preventing 5.1 audio..a factory reset may help.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos