Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 4 stuttering since last update

We have a Roku 4. After yesterday's update (Jan 15) all channels stutter and skip.

How do we fix this? I don't see any option to revert to the old version. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku 4 stuttering since last update

@Jgerman  Thanks for the note here. We can help take a look to see what might be occurring. Could you please provide more details about the issue you are seeing?

- Could you please describe the behavior you are seeing in more detail? (Are you seeing buffering behavior, do you lose audio, video, or both, do you see any error messages on screen, etc.?) 

- What specific streaming channels are you experiencing this issue with? (Please provide a few examples) 

- Have you disconnected the power to your device to restart it? Does the issue persist? 

- If you have a micro-SD card inserted in your device, have you tried removing it to see if this resolves the issue? 

- Have you tried removing any affected channel from the Roku home screen, restarting your device, and then adding the channel back once more? 

- Have you tried performing a factory reset on the device from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset? Does this resolve the issue?

With more information, we can continue assisting you from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Level 7

I've had this issue for a while now, the Roku can run for days and then it will start stuttering and being laggy.. it has nothing to do with bandwidth because it will even have the audio stutter while navigating the menus of the Roku itself, without being in a channel.

It will remain like that indefinitely until I go and restart the device.. 

In my case I'm running 4660X - Roku Ultra with the OS at 9.2.0 build 4807-46, but I have had this issue since I bought the device last year... I've already exchanged it once and it does the same thing.

It's well ventilated, it's in my media center away from other devices and the media center has fan cooling for all of the components, the room stays at 72 degrees .. so it's not overheating or anything like that.

I have seen other people complaining about this same exact issue and I've yet to see any helpful responses that solve it.

It would be great to have it working smoothly, I never had this issue with my firestick, I went back to Roku for youtube.. I left firestick when Amazon and Google were in a fight

PS. I also had this issue on my Roku media stick.. I've changed tvs since then as well, so the tv is new, the HDMI cables are new.. 

This very much seems like either an OS issue or a hardware/design flaw.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue with a Roku Premiere.  Any help is appreciated.