Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
daknecht
Level 7

Roku 4 only shows ROKU on screen

Jump to solution

My Roku 4 tonight suddenly only shows the initial ROKU splash screen on the TV but never gets to the Home screen.  I have powered it off and on several times with the same result. Anything I can try?  Is it dead?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 4 only shows ROKU on screen

Jump to solution

@daknecht 

Thanks for the note.

Do you happen to have a micro SD card in your device? If so we would recommend removing the device and restarting before adding the micro SD card back.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@daknecht 

Thanks for the note.

Do you happen to have a micro SD card in your device? If so we would recommend removing the device and restarting before adding the micro SD card back.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
daknecht
Level 7

Jump to solution

It worked!  Thanks so much.  I did not put the card back in yet.  I got periodic notifications that something would be improved with the micro SD card inserted.  So I put one in a month ago.  But I can't tell any difference in performance.  What is it supposed to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@daknecht 

Thanks for the update.

I'm happy to hear that you're back up and running

Adding a micro SD card allows you to expand the amount of internal memory available for installing channels and games from the Roku Channel Store.

For more information about micro SD cards, visit our Support page here: How do I increase memory with a micro SD card?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos