Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lindstedt
Level 7

Roku 4 Ultra purple screen

Hi,

I have roku 4 ultra connected into yamaha 679 -> LG 4k TV. occasionally I get purple warning screen regarding hdr and note to look roku.com for fixes. I have replaced all HDMI cables, turned them around, changed amplifier ports and TV ports. In most days hdr and 4K content work just fine, but every now and then the purple screen pops up. (I have changed amplifier setting from 2 to 1, before anyone says anything). 

Solution is to *hard* boot (unplug ROKU power cable) roku and everything starts working. rebooting Yamaha does not fix anything so that leaves Roku under the radar. I have latest ROKU code and latest Yamaha code.

Anyone has found any solutions for this other than replacing ROKU with something else ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 4 Ultra purple screen

Do you have the 4 or the Ultra? Two different boxes. but I don't think there's a final solution as of yet. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos