Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dannyperry
Level 7

Roku 3800x stick Faulty?

My Roku 3800x has worked fine for a year, now it is not working, it is plugged to hdmi 1 which attempts to connect then fails and the tv displays no signal. The same result when I plug the Roku stick into hdmi 2, tv shows no signal

The tv screen is blank, not the usual Roku home screen. I have tried plugging into different wall outlets. I have pressed the reset on the Roku stick
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku 3800x stick Faulty?

"Dannyperry" wrote:
My Roku 3800x has worked fine for a year, now it is not working, it is plugged to hdmi 1 which attempts to connect then fails and the tv displays no signal. The same result when I plug the Roku stick into hdmi 2, tv shows no signal

The tv screen is blank, not the usual Roku home screen. I have tried plugging into different wall outlets. I have pressed the reset on the Roku stick

When you say it attempts to connect, is it saying this on the screen, or is this your interpretation of what's happening?

Once the screen goes blank, if you hit the Home button on the remote, do you hear any sound from the TV speakers?

To me it sounds like the Roku could be attempting to display at a resolution that your TV can't handle.

There are threads in this forum that explain how to fix this problem. I'll try to find one and post a link to it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Dannyperry
Level 7

Jeffrok the tv screen displays “connecting” then it displays “no signal. The stick has run flawlessly for 18 months...
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

How is the stick being powered? With the USB cable to the TV's USB port, or with the USB cable and power adapter? I'm wondering if it's a pack of power being supplied from your TV.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Dannyperry
Level 7

Jeffrok
Problem resolved, Roku had an old debit card on file. They shut my service off. I find it strange that Roku would not email me or call my cell, I have never charged to that card, very impersonal to just drop the service without calling or emailing.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Dannyperry" wrote:
Jeffrok
Problem resolved, Roku had an old debit card on file.  They shut my service off.  I find it strange that Roku would not email me or call my cell, I have never charged to that card, very impersonal to just drop the service without calling or emailing.

That doesn't sound right. You can completely remove a payment method from your Roku -- that is, you don't need to have one at all -- and everything will still work. That is probably unrelated to any issue you're having with the device.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos