Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsiu
Level 7

Roku 3800x flickering issue

To bypass the sound dropping out issue (detailed in another thread), I plugged the roku directly into the Vizio soundbar. Now I have a new problem with video. If I turn on the tv, the roku will alternate between 720p and 1080p and display flicking. The screen will have static and jump between resolution or to a blank screen and back. Sometimes, it stabilizes into a 1080p picture and everything is fine. Most of the time, the jumping between resolution does not go away. The flickering is often accompanied by loud popping noise.  If I unplug the roku and plug it back, the roku reboots and then works properly. and continues to work until you turn off the tv.

I notice that the home screen starts out in 720p and then adjust to 1080p. I tried modifying the display setting to auto, 1080p, and then 720p. What I have notice is that the issue goes away when I select 720p. In auto or 1080p, the display goes back and forth between 720p and 1080p.

I switch off ARC, but it does not resolve the issue.

Roku: 3800x

TV: Vizo D50-E1

Soundbar: Vizio SB36512-F6

0 Kudos