Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3800x Streaming Stick audio drop out issue

Ever since I upgraded to a soundbar, I have notice that audio skips a few seconds every minute or so. I tried different settings like changing the audio settings.. The problem only occur if I play the program in surround. It doesn't happen in stereo. None of the other device have this issue.

The only way i get around the issue so far was for me to plug the Roku directly to the HDMI in on the soundbar. When the sound isn't routed through the TV, it works fine. Unfortunately, plugging in the Roku into HDMI In on tv result in video issues.

Roku: 3800x

TV: Vizio D50-E1

Soundbar: SB36512-F6

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku 3800x Streaming Stick audio drop out issue

@paulsiu Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. Could you please provide a few specific examples of 1) streaming channel and 2) an example content title that you observe this issue with? 

What current settings are selected in Settings>Audio on your device? 

With more information, we can pass this along to the team to take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well you get points for being responsive :-)

Audio Settings

HDMI - set to Auto

Audio - set to Auto, then Dolby Digital Plus and DTS, and Dolby Digital Plus. All settings result in dropout.

Issue occurs when streaming from Netflix and Disney Plus, but not Hulu. However, HULU does not stream in surround, so that is no surprise.

Network test indicate a speed of 36 Mps, so I don't think it's a network issue.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@paulsiu  Thanks for the info here. Hulu doesn't currently support surround sound, so that would be expected. A few more questions here: 

- What is the make/model of your TV?

- What is the make/model of AVR? 

- For testing, could you provide a couple specific titles in 1) Netflix and 2) Disney+ that we can pass along for further investigastion? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

In netflix was watching Incredibles 2 in 5.1.

In Disney, was watching Mandalorin and Jeff Goldbrum's world.also in surround.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

following up to see if there have been movement on the issue.

0 Kudos