Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3600x quit working.

Jump to solution

The home screen will not appear, only the screen saver. I have put fresh batteries in the remote. The light on the stick does not light up. It is plugged into a wall outlet. The stick did feel hot even though the tv was off.  Do I need a new stick?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3600x quit working.

Jump to solution

@FayeR 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried repairing your remote to the Streaming Stick? 

For more information about how to repair your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

As for the device temperature, it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Please keep us posted, and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@FayeR 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried repairing your remote to the Streaming Stick? 

For more information about how to repair your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

As for the device temperature, it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Please keep us posted, and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, stick just won't power up, not even white led. I've tried the factory reset on the device with no luck. Can't repair remote since there's no Roku screen.

Can't say this may be related but a few weeks back I started to see very poor resolution on Youtube videos, one day did not  power up (No Roku screen), and changed it to a different HDMI port, next time it just did quit working. Help us Roku support team, you're our only hope.

Christian

0 Kudos