Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanG
Level 7

Roku 3600r subsampling rate

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV with pixel direct which allows you to set the display to accept a 4:4:4 sub-sampling rate. This function is grayed out unless the source supports 4:4:4. (IE: changing my BD player to 4:4:4 from the default setting of 4:4:2 engages the pixel direct function) When using my 3600r player, the pixel direct function can be engaged, which means that it is set at the 4:4:4 sub-sampling rate. I thought all Roku's are set at 4:4:0 or 4:4:2.  Why would the 3600r be set to 4;4:4 when there isn't any programming that I'm aware of that supports 4:4:4?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanG
Level 7

Re: Roku 3600r subsampling rate

No color spacing experts out there? Smiley LOL
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku 3600r subsampling rate

I've never seen 4:4:4 available in my various Roku players. Not even in the former hidden menu. Might just be an anomaly that it's allowing the setting. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos