Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMOCO_14
Level 7

Roku 3500R Reboot Issue

Lately I have noticed that if I choose to reboot my streaming stick,It turns off.No light or signal.
So I did a Reset for the unit,Because I thought it may fix the issue and I haven't Reset it in at least a couple of years.
But the Reboot issue is still there,I have to unplug the power cord to get it to turn back on.
Build: 9.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku 3500R Reboot Issue

"AMOCO_14" wrote:
Lately I have noticed that if I choose to reboot my streaming stick,It turns off.No light or signal.

So I did a Reset for the unit,Because I thought it may fix the issue and I haven't Reset it in at least a couple of years.

But the Reboot issue is still there,I have to unplug the power cord to get it to turn back on.
Build: 9.

Just to be sure, when you did the Factory Reset, did you do it by holding down the Reset button on the Stick? And, if so, did you hold it for a full 30 seconds? 29 isn’t long enough. 30 seconds, no less, regardless of any on-screen activity.

Don’t know if it’ll make a difference, but that is Roku’s long-time recommendation for Factory Reset.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
AMOCO_14
Level 7

I just used the software Reset,Not the button.
So I will try that and let you know if it solves the issue. Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
AMOCO_14
Level 7

Here is an update,
Did the hard/manual reset and it still turns off upon restarting with the software and not only that,It turns off when going into an app.
But when I unplug the power and plug it back in,It boots back up and then I can go into the app that I was trying to go in to the 1st time.
Then when I want to go into another app,It does the same thing.
0 Kudos