Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku 3 will not connect with my Yamaha RX S601 AVR

I have my roku 3 connected to an open hdmi port on my yamaha avr and i get nothing. no video no audio.  i go to the hdmi input option of my avr and there is nothing recognized for that port.  I tried a factory reset for my roku. still nothing. i have tried other hdmi cables that work for my bluray and satellite tv box.  It worked fine with my new Sony AVR in another room.  i currently have it connected directly to my tv and it works. help. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 19

Re: Roku 3 will not connect with my Yamaha RX S601 AVR

If the Roku works elsewhere, it sounds like a problem with the AVR.  Have you tried a different HDMI port on the AVR?    Do other devices with an HDMI output work in the problem port? 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

thanks for getting back to me.

i've tried other ports that i know work. and nothing.  i've tried other cables and nothing. i have reached out to yamaha.  i tried turning off the "one click" and nothing. i just reset to factory settings again and nothing. i'll try to connect working devices to other ports on the avr and see if they are recognized.   

0 Kudos
Level 7

Bingo!  I moved known working devices to open ports.  they worked.  i hooked up the roku and it now works. Go figure.  I guess the working device kicked the port to handshake.  Cheers

0 Kudos
Level 19

Very strange but glad you got it all working.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

strange - story of my life lol. 

0 Kudos