Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registeel
Level 7

Roku 3 No Video, white light on, remote light blinking (not paired any more)

Hi, I have a Roku3 that stopped working suddenly.  The white light is on, I cannot find it on my network (either wired or wireless), the remote is no longer paired, and there is no video.  Any hints?  Is it toast?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3 No Video, white light on, remote light blinking (not paired any more)

Hi @Registeel

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below and see if that resolves the issue you're experiencing:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    • ​​​​​​​Make sure that the input (sometimes referred to as source) matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
  2. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. 
  3. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. If all else fails…​​​​​​​
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 No Video, white light on, remote light blinking (not paired any more)

It kind of sounds like toast.  Have you tried the simple things like unplugging the power for several minutes and plugging it back in?  Try another HDMI cable and/or HDMI input on your TV.  If you have another Roku with an IR remote the Roku 3 should respond to that, so when you point the remote at the front of the Roku 3 and press a button the light on the Roku should flash.

If nothing seems to help, you may as well give a factory reset a try.  With the power connected find the reset button and using something like a paperclip press and hold the button in for no less than 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Registeel
Level 7

I did all the suggestions you made.  No change.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Registeel

Thanks for the update.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4200X) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the device may simply be on its way out.

You can always visit our website here for ongoing Roku products promotions. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos