Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biigdaddio
Level 7

Roku 3 HD starts up then screen goes black

Subject line says it all. This older device has been mostly unused for several months.

I reset the device and started from scratch. It started up. It connected to the internet (wired). But then the screen went black. From time to time there's a little gosh if color across the screen. But nothing else happens.

The TV is fine. DTV A and have consoles are fine.

Any hope?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku 3 HD starts up then screen goes black

@Biigdaddio wrote:
Subject line says it all. This older device has been mostly unused for several months.

I reset the device and started from scratch. It started up. It connected to the internet (wired). But then the screen went black. From time to time there's a little gosh if color across the screen. But nothing else happens.

The TV is fine. DTV A and have consoles are fine.

Any hope?

I can't find any Roku with the name 3 HD. There was a 2 HD, and it is so old it's no longer supported by Roku. Could you confirm your model number?

There are two Roku 3 players (model 4200 and 4230). The first was released Mar 2013, while the second was April 2015. If yours it the 4200 (or if it's the 2 HD, released in July 2011), I'd say it might just be time to replace them. But first try using a different HDMI cable, as well as a different HDMI port on the TV. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos