Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biigdaddio
Level 7

Roku 3 HD starts up then screen goes black

Subject line says it all. This older device has been mostly unused for several months.

I reset the device and started from scratch. It started up. It connected to the internet (wired). But then the screen went black. From time to time there's a little gosh if color across the screen. But nothing else happens.

The TV is fine. DTV A and have consoles are fine.

Any hope?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 HD starts up then screen goes black

@Biigdaddio wrote:
Subject line says it all. This older device has been mostly unused for several months.

I reset the device and started from scratch. It started up. It connected to the internet (wired). But then the screen went black. From time to time there's a little gosh if color across the screen. But nothing else happens.

The TV is fine. DTV A and have consoles are fine.

Any hope?

I can't find any Roku with the name 3 HD. There was a 2 HD, and it is so old it's no longer supported by Roku. Could you confirm your model number?

There are two Roku 3 players (model 4200 and 4230). The first was released Mar 2013, while the second was April 2015. If yours it the 4200 (or if it's the 2 HD, released in July 2011), I'd say it might just be time to replace them. But first try using a different HDMI cable, as well as a different HDMI port on the TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos