Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbitofny
Level 7

Roku 2 now shows a green box in upper right corner of screen

I am using a Roku 2. It had been working fine. Now I am getting a small box in the upper right corner. it blinks sometime but most times it is solid green. It appears on every screen of all apps and the main menu. How do I get that green thing to go away? it never use to be there and it is distracting.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku 2 now shows a green box in upper right corner of screen

Thanks for reaching out here. Could you please post an image/screenshot of the box so we can take a closer look at what you are seeing? 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku 2 now shows a green box in upper right corner of screen

"hobbitofny" wrote:
I am using a Roku 2. It had been working fine. Now I am getting a small box in the upper right corner. it blinks sometime but most times it is solid green. It appears on every screen of all apps and the main menu. How do I get that green thing to go away? it never use to be there and it is distracting.

You sure it's not a picture in picture setting in your TV's settings? Maybe you're seeing another unused source in a box on top of your Roku settings?

What's the model of your TV?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos