Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 7

Roku 2 XS Home Screen acting up and enlarging 3 times size

My Roku 2 XS Home Screen will not retain the composite 4:3 ratio when exiting from a channel such as Hoopla or NBC, just to name a few. The screen enlarges to three times its size. I have to reset the box by pulling the power and reconnecting. Roku reboots and the normal 4:3 home screen returns. This is becoming more frequent. Anyone else having this problem? what could be causing this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

Re: Roku 2 XS Home Screen acting up and enlarging 3 times size

The Roku 2 XS is a pretty much dead platform and has been for years. Roku stopped support for the 2 XS many years ago. I sold mine a long time ago to someone that simply wanted it because it was a "special edition" that had "Angry Birds" and having it on the account would put "Angry Birds" on all compatible Roku on the same account.

My suggestion is to get a new Roku and forget about the XS. 

BTW: The reboot bug you are seeing impacts many, but not all, XSs but once it manifests on an XS it almost never goes away. That is the primary reason I got rid of my XS.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jeffrok
Level 12

To the OP, you'll be very happy with any new Roku you buy.. the speed difference between the Roku 2 XS and a model from 2016 or newer is night and day.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

To the OP, are you connected via hdmi or composite to your TV?
If hdmi, what model/brand TV are you using.
0 Kudos