Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuckjr46
Level 7

Roku 2 XD crashing 8.0.0 Build 4128-02

I have a Roku 2 XD running 8.0.0 build 4128-02 that is crashing regularly. I am able to view some content for a short time and then the device freezes then restarts. It has happened with Netflix, Amazon, RedBull TV, and network viewing. Anyone else? Is there a fix?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 2 XD crashing 8.0.0 Build 4128-02

I believe your major issue is that your Roku has gotten old. The 2 XD was released in September 2010. It's always possible that some internal component is failing as well. 
The channel developers keep updating their channels for the newer, more powerful boxes, and Roku optimizes their firmware with the latest and greatest as well. Your box is from their first generation. I have a 2 XS from their second generation, and I quit using it almost a year ago because it can't keep up any longer. Unless you require the use of the composite video out, I think you'd be much happier with a new model Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Apple TV. They all have their pros and cons, with Roku offering the largest number of different models and likely the lowest prices.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos