Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eserim
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 (4205) Poor Amazon Prime quality

0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 12

Ok, try removing the Amazon app and reinstalling it. Reboot the Roku after the removal, then reinstall. Give it another whirl.
0 Kudos
Eserim
Level 7

Well, the reinstall seemed to make things a bit better - thanks - my guess, and it is just a guess here based on other sloppy coding I've seen (or even written) is that there may be a bit rate setting attached to the device, setup a what was possible when it first ran - maybe it SHOULD update if the bitrate can go faster, but MAYBE it didn't.

Just re-watched some of the dark (in lighting and content) scenes for The Boys and I think it was better

I'll keep an eye on it - so to speak - thanks everyone
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 12

"Eserim" wrote:
Well, the reinstall seemed to make things a bit better - thanks - my guess, and it is just a guess here based on other sloppy coding I've seen (or even written) is that there may be a bit rate setting attached to the device, setup a what was possible when it first ran - maybe it SHOULD update if the bitrate can go faster, but MAYBE it didn't.

Just re-watched some of the dark (in lighting and content) scenes for The Boys and I think it was better

I'll keep an eye on it - so to speak - thanks everyone

That's my thought, too. Somehow the "dynamic" feature of setting bandwidth seems to have gotten stuck on "static". Anyway, best of luck.
0 Kudos