Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redlancer
Level 7

Re: Roku 1080-720 Issue - Still

Why can't this be fixed?

It's been since the November update that my express+ has had broken functionality.

Doing a silly key sequence everytime I want to watch Plex can't be the final solution, can it?
0 Kudos
jaygebee
Level 7

Please fix! My roku keeps resetting display type to automatic every time I turn on my system and it returns from the screen saver.

Model: 4660X - roku ultra
Sw version 8.0.1 build 4047-46
0 Kudos

Exactly the same issue with my Roku 4 connected to my Pioneer PDP5070HD 50" plasma.  The multi-key-press workaround works, but that is ridiculous to use devices that otherwise work perfectly.  Roku, you must fix this bug!  If I set my Roku for 720P, I expect it to stay at 720P until I tell it otherwise.

Roku 4
Software version: 8.0.0
Build: 4128
Last updated: Dec 21, 2017, 9:31pm

Check for updates tells me that there are no updates available.

Mike
0 Kudos
wsaq
Level 7

I have a Roku 3 and my 1080 - 720 problem is slightly different, but I believe it is related. When I power on the TV and go to Settings > Display type, there is no “TV/Monitor” image displayed and no information about the display. At that point, the Roku 3 hangs. After a minute or two it reboots. If I then go to Settings > Display type, there is an “TV/Monitor” image displayed along with the text “Detected: 1080p HDCP 1.4.” If I press the right arrow, a check mark is displayed beside “Auto detect.”

I can then choose either 720p or 1080p, go through the confirmation process, and at the end there will be a check mark beside which ever resolution I have chosen. The selected resolution will remain until the TV is turned off. When the TV is turned on again, Roku will hang when I go to Settings > Display type and eventually reboot.

If I navigate from Home to one of my channels instead of going to Setting > Display type when I turn on the TV, I can highlight that channel. However, pressing OK will not activate the channel and after that none of the keys on the remote has any effect. After a minute or two, the unit will reboot and a check mark will be displayed next to “Auto detect.”

Software version: 8.0.0
Build: 4143
Model: 4200X - Roku 3
Serial Number: 1GS3AK011323
TV: Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P50ST30
AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-v471
0 Kudos
Redlancer
Level 7

After checking for an update everyday for the last few months, was finally able to get a permanent fix for this issue: swapped out the Roku for a FireTV stick and now I have Plex and Amazon video again with no resolution issues Smiley Happy

bit of a troll post, but doesn't make it any less true...
0 Kudos
ziehmjason
Level 7

I'm still stuck with this issue.
I use my Roku through a Yamaha receiver, then into a Optoma projector.
The projector CAN handle 1080p, but it's not at the correct distance for my screen.
So, I am required to use the Roku at 720p.
However, every time I turn it on, it defaults to "Auto-Detect" and then sets itself to 1080p.
Is there a way that I can disable the auto-detect?
Model: 4400X
Serial: 4U9662601903
0 Kudos
makeyd
Level 7

Any updates on this? Quite a frustrating issue.  I’ve a Roku 3 and still not fixed.
0 Kudos
Robkelley
Level 7

For Ultra this worked for me:

• Home 3x (just to be safe)

• Up (Settings)

• Ok

• Down 4x, not three (Display Settings)

• OK

• Down 1x (off autodetect, onto 720 resolution)

• Ok

• Wait 5 seconds (applying)

• Ok 
0 Kudos