Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claptastic
Level 7

Re: Roku 1080-720 Issue - Still

Is there a fix for this issue yet? This has been a known problem for some time now and I don't see fix that works as well as simply rolling back the update for those affected...we shouldn't have to go through what seems to be something analogous to a Nintendo cheat code simply to use this device, which is supposed to be user friendly.
0 Kudos
Redlancer
Level 7

Is there any way to get the current FW to put on my express?

Still have the broken V. 8.0.0 | build 4128-28 that doesn't work.
Been checking every couple of days for an update and none shows up on either the regular update screen or the 'secret' update menu.
0 Kudos
Gregk205
Level 7

I can not use my Roku express + 3910RW
Serial # YG004K994525
Software 8.01 build 4042-51

It will not work with my tv monitor computer which is 720p thru dvi with hdcp. It works fine on my 4K tv but will not work no matter how many resets I do to it or manually set it using composit and switch to the hdmi port. I use the same cable with my Apple TV. Fire tv stick and chrome cast with no problems at all. So it’s not the cable or tv. There is a software problem
With the Roku and I’m sure it’s related to the problems in this thread. I now own 4 new roku’s and im beginning to think I should have just added more Apple TVs or amazon sticks since they always work without problems. I’ve had nothing but problems with these roku’s.

When will a software fix be released for these video issues on the new express plus?
0 Kudos
brucemac
Level 7

add me to the list

Roku 4

None of the blind remote button sequences I've found on these forums get me back to a picture. I have to do a hard reset, which obviously, is a total pain and takes time. Guess I will try to figure out how to manually update and see if that works. Didn't know you can do that. Frustrating. 
0 Kudos
brucemac
Level 7

This is really frustrating. Roku 4 keeps switching back to (I'm assuming) 1080p. My Pioneer Elite plasma is only capable of 720p or 1080i, not 1080P.

Incredibly frustrating because it will not stick at 720p. Each time I restart the Roku it reverts back to 1080p, 

How do I fix this? I've tried all of the blind remote presses and cannot get it back to 720p.

I thought build 8 was supposed to fix this. 
0 Kudos
brucemac
Level 7

anybody with this issue know the remote button presses for a Roku 4?

I've tried every single sequence I can find on this site with ZERO luck. Still a blank screen. Hard resetting and having to re-link/re-authorize everything is a total waste of time.

I will post my model/serial/build info when I get back from the holidays, but I certainly hope this is resolved. 

There should be a way to manually select 720p and be done with it. It appears my Roku 4 keeps "auto-detecting" 1080p compatibility and resetting my resolution and then I'm stuck without a proper key sequence (which isn't a fix). 
0 Kudos
Redlancer
Level 7

Its been months, wouldn't hold your breath...  lol

So far the only  official fix is "figure out the blind key seqeuence" which doesnt really work.
0 Kudos
brucemac
Level 7

Yeah, pretty lame. Will list up my info tomorrow when I’m back, but it sure seems odd that you can’t simply manually set a resolution and be done with it. Wasn’t this the way it worked with prior builds? Kind of hard to believe this type of bug made its way out to the general public. I own 3 Roku’s And a Roku TV and they’ve worked flawlessly for years. Hopefully Roku is not turning their backs on this issue. Buying a new TV is not a solution.

Any Roku 4 users out there that have the remote button presses working and can share? I have not been making any layout changes after resets. Not a fix, but would cut down on the time suck of resetting. TIA
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 9

I just tried this again to verify the Roku-4 sequence, and you could try waiting a little longer before the last up-ok. Here is the sequence again.
Home home home    < gets you to home screen row 1
UP   < gets you to Settings
OK  < go into settings
Down Down Down   < get to Display Type
OK   < go into Display Type
Down    < goes to 720P TV
OK   < selects 720P TV
wait 5 seconds
OK   < go to 720P
wait 10 seconds ( or longer since you should see the correct display now)
UP   < goes to "OK 720P looks good"
OK   < selects "OK 720P looks good"

And now you should be set to 720P
0 Kudos
brucemac
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
I just tried this again to verify the Roku-4 sequence, and you could try waiting a little longer before the last up-ok. Here is the sequence again.
Home home home    < gets you to home screen row 1
UP   < gets you to Settings
OK  < go into settings
Down Down Down   < get to Display Type
OK   < go into Display Type
Down    < goes to 720P TV
OK   < selects 720P TV
wait 5 seconds
OK   < go to 720P
wait 10 seconds ( or longer since you should see the correct display now)
UP   < goes to "OK 720P looks good"
OK   < selects "OK 720P looks good"

And now you should be set to 720P

Thanks for replying RokuDale. I appreciate it. I will give this a shot the next time I get a blank screen. Still holding out hope you folks are going to fix this issue. 
0 Kudos