Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmyerscpht
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 1 suddenly shows wrong screen aspect ratio

Jump to solution

I too am having this issue. I have a Roku stick. After reading this I changed the ports so hopefully this will work. I’ll try to keep you posted. 

0 Kudos
thosejwis

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue. My aspect ratio setting randomly changes. This problem only started 2 - 3 weeks ago. Resetting the device and switching HDMI ports has not fixed the issue.

The chromecast platform is working fine, which seems to point towards general issue with the Roku device/platform. Please help fix this frustrating issue.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Meged

Jump to solution

Same issue, randomly started a week ago and it’s only when I’m watching Hulu on my Roku. It will be correct ratio and then it will pause the show I’m watching and then when it starts playing again, the ratio is changed. 

Jump to solution

I am having same issue

@Meged wrote:

Same issue, randomly started a week ago and it’s only when I’m watching Hulu on my Roku. It will be correct ratio and then it will pause the show I’m watching and then when it starts playing again, the ratio is changed. 

0 Kudos
Marine

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Just started a week or so ago.  Will someone from Roku support please address.

0 Kudos
tucker1

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem! Very frustrating that you can not speak to a customer service person anymore!!! I am assuming that the device just died and will need to be replaced???

2Chihuahuas
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue, but only when watching CBS All-access channel bundled into the Apple TV channel. Example: Star Trek Deep Space Nine shows in normal (full-screen, 16:9) aspect ratio when I watch it in the CBS All-access channel directly, but when I watch it in the Apple TV channel it displays in 4:3 AR. (Just purchased the CBS AA + Showtime Apple TV bundle, and my CBS AA subscription expires in a few days). No change in any settings, just switching from one channel to the other via my Roku remote.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and what I can do to fix it?

0 Kudos
kuRo_Joe

Jump to solution

I did all the troubleshooting to no avail. It was indeed the picture size button on the TV remote. Thanks for this response! It is curious that was nothing in the TV menu for the same fix and that the aspect ratios were different on the Roku and the regular TV channels. This was driving me CRAZY! The simplest fix took the longest time after so much headache.

0 Kudos
AHW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Similar solution.  After flailing unsuccessfully with Roku settings for an hour, plugging and unplugging, I found that the same problem persisted with an Apple TV box, meaning the problem was the TV, not the Roku. On our remote, there's a button called "Format".  Toggling it changes the display ratio on the screen -- within seconds, the image was displaying correctly.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just wanted to add there was a setting on the TV that extended the picture from a small aspect ratio.

0 Kudos