Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millenium
Reel Rookie

Roke keeps returning to Home screen

Jump to solution

i have two roku devices on my samsung tv's and both television's keep returning to the home page after a few hours.  i went into settings on roku and disabled bandwidth month's ago but it still return's home!!! i'm considering pulling the plug from roku when i need the tv stay on w/o returning home. is that a viable solution? i have samsung  smart tv's (no cable) which doesn't return to a home page when i'm watching it. just wondering if intermittently unplugging roku would cause a problem with the device?

thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU KEEPS RETURNING TO HOME PAGE

Jump to solution

That "authentication error" is a known issue with the message board software (it times out login sessions if you take too long before posting a message)

Make sure you are using the Roku-supplied AC power adapter (do not use the TV's USB ports), and that your Rokus (model # and firmware version unknown) are adequately ventilated (use HDMI extenders for sticks if need be).

Otherwise, unfortunately this is probably a bug/memory leak in RokuOS/drivers, especially in OS 9.3+, and will likely only be rectified with a firmware fix.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No, plugging the device in only when you use it wont cause problems.

As far as "returning to Home goes", that may be app dependent - what app(s) are you using that return to home after a few hours?

0 Kudos
millenium
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just replied to you,  - it said Authentication failed 

It was a long reply. Can't do that again. Thanks for letting me know about plugging/unplugging ROKU.

ROKU returns to the homepage on EVERY app. Disabling Bandwidth does nothing!! Wish it worked.

Just sayin'

Thanks for your feedback.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That "authentication error" is a known issue with the message board software (it times out login sessions if you take too long before posting a message)

Make sure you are using the Roku-supplied AC power adapter (do not use the TV's USB ports), and that your Rokus (model # and firmware version unknown) are adequately ventilated (use HDMI extenders for sticks if need be).

Otherwise, unfortunately this is probably a bug/memory leak in RokuOS/drivers, especially in OS 9.3+, and will likely only be rectified with a firmware fix.

rjs22

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem.  I have three TCL ROKU TVs.  All channels work fine on two of the TVs, but when HULU is selected on the 3rd TV, it reverts back to the home page.  Given the hundreds of comments on the internet with exactly the same problem, I have no idea how the "moderator" can say it is resolved.  The only thing Danny did by closing out that thread was to cause the users to create additional related threads.  Thank's for confusing things Danny.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rjs22

Thanks for the post.
Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos