Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Caseykane
Level 7

Roju express+ zoomed in

Hi I hope someone Vann help. I just got my roku express+ and the mason menu and everything else it's zoomed in no matter what screen setting I have it at. I can barely read the menu options. Help!
0 Kudos
10 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roju express+ zoomed in

That sounds like the zoom/aspect setting on your TV is set incorrectly. Try setting it to wide or full. It sounds like it's set to Zoom.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Caseykane
Level 7

I've tried it in every tv setting but thank you for replying.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

How is it hooked up? Hdmi or composite? What kind of tv? Something tells me it's still a tv setting.. what do you have the Roku resolution set to?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
Caseykane
Level 7

Hdmi. It's a panasonic viera. I've tried both of the settings on the roku...the 720 and the 1802 or whatever. I had it detect my tv type and also manually chose the 720. I also tried the different settings on my tv for the HDMI settings...the ratios.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

And you definitely tried the widescreen setting on your TV? Do you know the model number of your TV? There's lots of Vieras out there.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

My Premiere Plus (& 2016 Sony 1080P TV) did this recently after I exited the 'nowhere TV' app. Everything was zoomed in & I could barely read / maneuver thru the menu choices. I did manage to get to the Roku RESTART setting, which after restarting, everything was back to normal, and Premiere Plus hasn't 'zoomed in since', although I did delete the 'nowhere TV' app. 

You might try to get to RESTART in Settings. OR unplug your Roku, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in. Might work or might not?
0 Kudos
Caseykane
Level 7

Hey all...just wanted to let you know that, after repeatedly trying all of the various screen sizes and resolutions, as a last resort I said "I wonder what would happen if I plugged the HDMI cable into the other slot?" and proceeded to do so, which fixed the problem instantly! Thanks so much for jumping in to help though Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Level 8

I have this issue with the 4K stick I just purchased. The zooming is intermittent. It goes away as quickly as it comes. The easiest way to get rid of this issue is to unplug your Roku from it's power source for about a minute and then of course plug it back in.. This should solve the issue....Must be some glitch in the Roku 4k stick. 
0 Kudos
nagai
Level 7

ultra is doing it too.have to pull power to fix. is not the tv. no settings on tv changed, just suddenly zooms.
0 Kudos