Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Level 11

Rewind bar/Guide at bottom is huge

Ever since the update on May 19th 2021, whenever I rewind a show on the Roku channel or do a back with the arrow key the bar at the bottom comes up fills half the screen and doesn't go away right away which makes me unable to see the subtitles on rewind. Why is the bar so huge now at the bottom and why doesn't it go away sooner than 10 seconds. Yesterday it was working fine. The bar would only stay available for 1 to 2 seconds and then it would disappear. Now I can't get rid of it and it's very large across the middle of the screen. I already looked through the settings to see if I could change anything and there wasn't any indication of a timer or anything like that. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Rewind bar/Guide at bottom is huge

@Imemine 

Thanks for the post.

We are unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? Please provide the specific steps to reproduce what you are seeing as well as an image of the issue you are seeing so we can better understand the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jharley
Level 7

The problem is that when you hit the replay button, the bar takes up about 1/3 of the screen and stays on for about 12 seconds.  It blocks the closed captioning that comes on during the replay.  So it defeats the purpose of the rewind.  Is there a way to quickly turn off the bar or make it so that it only lasts maybe two seconds.  It is unnecessary when hitting the replay button as it is.

I am using the Roku Ultra 2020.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

I found that if you hit the pause button and the restart again right away the bar goes away.  Something we shouldn't have to play with but until they get it fixed, that's my only way to see the show and captions.