Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berkey
Level 7

Return to main menu

I have gone through and tried fixes that have been posted but stick keeps kicking us out to main menu. It is not a data issue as it does not freeze or lag, just kicks us back. This happens with all apps (Netflix,  Hulu, pandora, etc.). Reset router, did roku recommended setting checks, software up to date, reset stick, changed hdmi ports, etc and same issues. What else can we do? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Return to main menu

It may not make a difference, but you can try a different power adapter especially if you're using your TV's USB port for power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Answer348
Level 7

I'm having a similar problem. In HBO Go, trying to navigate to a season of Sesame Street for my daughter, and when I select it, it kicks me back to the Roku home screen. Restart and reinstall of the app didn't fix it.

Swuirrel
Level 8

I have the exact same issue and my kids love Sesame Street.  Just started last week. I tried the remove app .. reboot ... reinstall.  I also tried a reset.  I heard some nonsense about power supplies but I think people forget this is 2020 and not 1999 and their not talking to grandma anymore.  I am using the supplied power adapter and also tried my other rokus power adapter.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't get your connection with 1999, grandma, and using the recommended power supply (which, by the way, cures a lot of problems), but you can try to rollback the firmware from the "Secret Screen".  Press Home 5 times, FF (>>) 3 times, and Rewind (<<) twice while ignoring anything happening onscreen.  If you did it properly you should be in the "Secret Screen".  Choose "Update software" and see if it offers an "update" to the previous version.  It's not always available and is a temporary fix at best.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DrBanjo
Level 7

I'm having the exact same issue. Every time I try to watch Sesame Street in the HBO app, I'm kicked back to the home screen. We have two Roku Ultra's and this is happening on both of them. I've tried reinstalling the app, power cycling the Roku and my router, and nothing is working. It's so incredibly frustrating because Sesame Street is the only show that my toddler seems to enjoy, which is why we are still paying for it. 

Rdoak1985
Level 7

Having the same exact issue. Very frustrating. Any luck with fixing it on your end?

0 Kudos
DrBanjo
Level 7

I reached out to HBO and received this explanation:

"I understand you are contacting about not being able to watch Sesame Street on HBO and I can definitely help explain that. Currently, Sesame Street is only available on HBO Max and since Roku does not support HBO Max, Sesame Street is not available on Roku devices."

Looks like we're screwed until Roku and HBO decide to come to an agreement. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos