Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lashybear

Resetting Itself

Hello I have the roku express and I have noticed it keeps resetting itself. This seems to be happening  now after the last update.

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Resetting Itself

How are you powering it, through tv usb port or plugged into a wall outlet? The tv usb port will shut of power as though you unplugged it completely from the power. So when powered back up it has reboot each time. That wouldn't happen if plugged directly to the wall.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lashybear

Its plugged into the wall outlet

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Lashybear Thanks for the note. When you say resetting, what exactly is occurring? Are you having to go through the initial setup process repeatedly, and link your device to your Roku account? 

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look and see what other suggestions we can offer. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

@RokuTannerD 

I am having the same issue. I have a Roku streaming stick +. I set it up along with all my channels. Shut the tv off and the next day when it was turned on it prompted to go through the setup process again. It is plugged into the HDMI port on tv and a power strip. I have 2 other Rokus and they work fine. 

0 Kudos
Balut

Same here I have streaming stick +. It’s plug at the USB PORT. 

0 Kudos

Same problem just occurred for me with my Roku 4K stick. I had added YouTube TV and several free channels with partially watched shows, and we used it for several months. Several days ago the Roku home screen came up with the factory default display. Do I have to reload YouTube TV again? What is going on? No problem on my family room TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dlsmith38495 

Thanks for the information.

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall with the provided cables and adapter?

Please keep us posted and we can see what other troubleshooting steps we can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ozone1

am having the same issue.

Roku logo screen appears for approximately 5 seconds disappears reappears disappears etc etc

have a 2XS  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ozone1 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware the Roku 2XS is a much older device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos