Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Reset after paused for more than a few minutes

This is a new issue I've begun experiencing just in the past few weeks:  If I pause any program using any app (YouTubeTV, Netflix, Amazon, etc.) and don't press play within about 3 or 4 minutes, Roku seems to reset.  The reset isn't evident on the screen until I press play.  Then I have to start back from the Roku home screen.  This happens whether I'm watching YouTube TV live or a recorded program.  When it happens on a recorded problem, it's a nuisance, but not nearly as frustrating as if I'm watching live programming and the program ends before I can return to it because at that point the end of the show is lost.  Is there a setting or something else I can try to fix this?  I understand why it might happen after 30 or 60 minutes, but it happens in literally less than 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Reset after paused for more than a few minutes

I am also having this problem. I thought it was a bad screen saver, so I switched to Roku’s own. Still have issues. Also, just started downloading channels I didn’t want when I hit play from The screen saver. I’m assuming it’s because it’s an advert from the home screen. It’s getting frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Reset after paused for more than a few minutes

Use the Home button or pretty much anything other than OK to exit the Roku screensaver with ads.  Have you guys tried disabling the screensaver altogether to see what happens?

0 Kudos