Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UpnorthMN
Channel Surfer

Re: Repetitive HDCP Error 20

4K stick works without issue for me

4K+ stick throws this error daily, requiring a restart of the stick (not all those gymnastics Roku recommends)

Seems newer isn't better

0 Kudos
UpnorthMN
Channel Surfer

Re: Repetitive HDCP Error 20 (update)

My 4K stick works without issue while my 4k+ throws this error almost daily.

My Express experiences disconnects with AirTV for some reason, will be dumping that one as well.

Still loving my Roku's, but man, the quality is sure hit or miss between models

0 Kudos
UpnorthMN
Channel Surfer

My 4K stick works without issue while my 4k+ throws this error almost daily. A quick bump of the reset button clears it up ..for a while

My Express experiences disconnects with AirTV for some reason, will be dumping that one as well.

Still loving my Roku's, but man, the quality is sure hit or miss between models

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@UpnorthMN 

First off, what are the model numbers and software versions of your Roku devices?  Second off, what are the model numbers and manufacture dates of your television sets?

Have you tried this step?

Settings->System->Power (if not applicable, skip to next step)->System restart.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
tazangel52

I have this issue always. at least once a day!

I followed the instructions, up until

Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/HDR subsampling=4:2:0, 4:2:2

my tv does not show HDR subsampling. is it called something else depending on what kind of tv you have. Mine is a vizio.

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

Isn't it about time ROKU actually fixed the problem?

0 Kudos
beach104

This error just started happening for us. The guide is useless

I found taking the Roku device and hooking it up to a different tv it worked fine streaming a show.

then taking the device back to the original tv things just started to work just fine.

hope this helps

0 Kudos
UpnorthMN
Channel Surfer

Follow up- Disabled auto power off setting. No issues since

0 Kudos
UpnorthMN
Channel Surfer

I just disabled auto power off setting, per another post found, on all devices- have had no issues since,

Yes, a painful reboot would also resolve this issue, but only for a short time.

Again, I assert that this is a product defect, not a compatibility issue with TV's used.

0 Kudos