Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Falmer5
Level 7

Repetitive HDCP Error 20

Before any moderator jumps in to tell me to follow their guide on HDCP errors: I follow this guide every time I get one of these errors. It sometime solves the issue but most of the time it doesn't.

I get an HDCP error EVERY DAY at the moment. It used to be more rare, it got worst. It even happens when I connect on my Plex server (not protected content).

Setup:

-Roku Ultra (tried both display type 1080p and automatic)

-HDMI 2.0 cable

-SPDI splitter

-HDMI 2.0 cable

-BenQ W1090 projector

Errors were already happening with different cables when the Roku was connected directly to the projector, though not as frequently.

Please suggest something that isn't the dumb roku guide on HDCP errors.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
erodam
Level 8

Re: Repetitive HDCP Error 20

I just returned my just purchased Roku Ultra specifically due to repeated and sporadic HDCP errors.

I followed all the instructions to the letter several times and still the error. If I rebooted it would work but still a possibility it  would occur again...random.

My TV is a Sony950G and AVR, Ultra connected to AVR, Marantz SR5014 so all good with HDCP compatibility.

Bought an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and Dolby Vision works without a single HDCP error and for much less money.

I prefer the GUI of Roku...it is more elegant...but I prefer a device that works more...no more side eye from wife is a good thing.

I also have a Roku Streaming Stick+ which works perfectly and honestly prefer over the Amazon device but I do enjoy Dolby Vision.

0 Kudos
mike_s
Level 10

This is a problem with the 2020 Ultra.

I've had a Premier+ for a few years. Works fine, never a HDCP error. Just got a 2020 Ultra, swapped it in place of the Premier+, absolutely no other changes. Now I get HDCP errors several times per hour. The message comes up, but program audio continues, and after a few seconds the video returns (until the next time).

Roku - fix it. It's you, not me.