Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattbatt
Channel Surfer

Red vertical bars on TCL 55" S525 During HDR playback

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 55 S525 TV with built in Roku.
I have noticed on 3 separate occasions during dark scenes that there are 15 dark red vertical bars across the middle of the screen that are about 1.5 inches wide and spaced about 4 inches apart (approximately). They are about 8 inches tall or maybe take up the middle 5th of the screen. I have noticed them during dark sky scenes in the HDR (UHD) playback of “Call of the Wild” on Vudu and more recently watching the HDR version of Troop Zero on Amazon Prime when she was looking at the stars and later in front of the blackboard.
I took a few pictures

smallIMG_6496.JPGsmallIMG_6500.JPG
I have noticed that if I re-load the movie (rewind past the buffer for example) it doesn’t always show up.
Do you have any idea what could cause this?
I have emailed this to TCL Posted on the AVS forums and will also be contacting Vudu and Prime as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Slugdangler
Channel Surfer

Re: Red vertical bars on TCL 55" S525 During HDR playback

Jump to solution

I may have found the solution. In the Roku app go to expert picture settings and turn OFF noise reduction. It solve the issue for me!

One thing to note is it seems to turn itself back on as I swear I've turned it off in the past.

Also no idea why it causes this!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Slugdangler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi I am having the exact same issue on my 75 inch 625series A115X.

If I pause it they go away but come back. They are there on the inbuilt Roku Disney plus but if I watch the same content on my Chromecast it's not there.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Slugdangler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I may have found the solution. In the Roku app go to expert picture settings and turn OFF noise reduction. It solve the issue for me!

One thing to note is it seems to turn itself back on as I swear I've turned it off in the past.

Also no idea why it causes this!

0 Kudos