Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickBC
Level 7

Recurring issue with Insignia Roku TV optical audio output

I'm having a weird issue with my Roku TV. It's connected via optical cable to a 5.1 surround sound receiver. Every few months or so I'll notice the receiver only registers the optical cable but no codec support (usually has a little Dolby symbol when everything is working). I've switched cables, devices, etc. Nothing works except for completing a factory reset on my Roku TV. Has anyone else had a similar audio issue where a factory reset seemed to be the only thing that solved it? Any advice would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
username421
Level 7

Re: Recurring issue with Insignia Roku TV optical audio output

I am having the same issue as well. I will connect either my streaming stick or my Roku Ultra and after a period of time I will lose the ability to have 5.1 surround. I don't get it on Netflix or Prime. I still have sound, but not 5.1. I can tell because in Netflix there is a 5.1 symbol under the title where it also has what its broadcast in(Ultra HD, HDR,HD). There is supposed to be 5.1 symbol with it but its not there. And if it's not there I won't have 5.1 on Prime either. The only way to get it back is to factory reset the device. Does anyone else have this issue?

0 Kudos
username421
Level 7

Re: Recurring issue with Insignia Roku TV optical audio output

So I found a fix in another thread. If you play an Ultra HD or HDR show 5.1 is already there and then press options (*) it will bring up a menu on the left hand side. Go to volume and make sure its set to off. I had it on leveling and thats what knocked out the 5.1 sound. Once I turned it to off, I had surround on back on both Netflix and Prime.

0 Kudos