Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay-jones

Re: playing only in the top left corner!

Hi, I’m having the same issue with my 3280X - Roku Streaming Stick 4K 

serial number X01700EVYXUF

device ID SO8Y418VYXUF

was this ever resolved?

the selection screen is fine and once I go into the app it’s fine but as soon as I play anything the picture goes to the top left corner only but the subtitles remain where they normally would be as well as the scroll bar for pausing and fast forwarding, it does this on every app I have 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kay-jones,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.
Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How long has the issue been occurring? Could you send us a photo/screenshot? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?
As a first step, could you try to restarting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
SorcererQB

I have the same issue. Vizio TV. 4K. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SorcererQB

Thanks for the post.

Please see @RokuMary-F's last post and provide us with the requested information so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xian13

I’m having the same issue, menus are all full screen…show/movie is just upper left about 1/4 of screen. Roku is only a month old. Roku Express 4K+

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Xian13

We're here to help!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel/content or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
More_cowbell
Reel Rookie

Having same issue.  Going to display type screen and changing resolution fixes until the next time we use Roku.  Every time I turn it on we have to go through this. Getting old. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @More_cowbell

Thanks for the post.

Please see my post above then let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
More_cowbell
Reel Rookie

Not helpful at all.  Every app I’ve tried is doin this and on 2 different Roku’s on 2 different TV’s.  Restart the devices or changing display type away from 720p and back will fix it for that viewing session but the next time I turn on the tv it will happen again.  It happens every time.  Very annoying and I’m pretty close to returning these pieces of junk.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@More_cowbell

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos