Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra will not stream AMC Plus programming

Jump to solution

AMC Plus was fine until a few days ago, and suddenly no programming on that streaming channel will play.  Have removed and reinstalled AMC Plus, didn't fix the problem.  Updated to the latest firmware a few minutes ago, didn't fix the problem.  AMC Plus is looking at it on their end but I believe it is an issue with this Roku box.

We have a 9102RW Streambar running software 10.5.0, build 4201-95 on another TV and it streams all AMC Plus programming as normal.  Why would one Roku box not stream AMC Plus while a second one will?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ForAllItsWorth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dont know if this will work for anyone else but...if you go to settings then under privacy select advertising, uncheck the limit ad tracking and reset advertising identifier then restart your roku. I hated doing it but i can confirm this worked for me

View solution in original post

Redadder

Jump to solution

I can absolutely confirm that once you go into privacy and you click off the advertising limit ad tracking your AMC plus will work again.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jwight01,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the playback issue with AMC Plus you are experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on AMC Plus or all channels on your Roku device? 

Just to confirm, have you restarted your Roku device after removing the channel from the Roku home screen before adding the channel back once more?

Please be guided through this link if you are encountering playback issues with accessing the Roku device: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The issue is only with AMC Plus - other streaming services play normally.

I have removed AMC Plus, restarted the Roku Ultra and added AMC Plus numerous times - no change.

This morning I used a different email and started a free trial of AMC Plus - no change, AMC Plus programming will not play.

I did notice the Roku Ultra software had changed back to 10.0.0 after it updated yesterday but that hasn't fixed the problem with streaming AMC Plus.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jwight01,

Thanks for following up.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach AMC Plus support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. I've done that also but I'm guessing AMC Plus will try and blame it on Roku.

MrsD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am experiencing the exact issue @jwight01 reported. I took the very same steps but instead, I reached out to AMC Plus support and confirmed my subscription is active until August 2022. Their support team is also looking into this issue as well. 

The message on the screen that appeared every time I clicked on Play to watch playback of any episode is below:

We’re sorry, this content is not included in your subscription.
Error Code 403: RESOURCE_PROVIDER

Please advise

jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for weighing in. That's exactly the error message we get. Since AMC Plus is working fine on our Roku Streambar. I'm convinced the issue is with the Roku Ultra device.

MrsD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The AMC Plus app works fine on my iPad and I can also playback with no issues on their website. At this point, I would have to agree with you that the issue is very likely the device update itself. I purchased the Roku Express 4K+ in August specifically for installing the AMC Plus app and watch my programs on my TV. Anyhow, hopefully 🙏🏼 Roku support will identify the issue and resolve it soon. 

kaywren
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! I'm having the same issues and I've tried many "fixes"... using the remote: the secret screen trick, the clear the cache trick, also removing the app and trying the tricks again, unplugging the Roku for 15 mins after removing the app, etc. etc. AMC Plus works fine on my Roku stick in the bedroom, but NOT on my kitchen and LR Roku Ultras running 10.5 update versions. I've loved my Roku Ultras and wonder if Roku doesn't care to fix this issue so we'll go out and buy another Roku. If that's the case I'll go out and look at other platforms for streaming on my big screen TVs...

MrsD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After reading several posts in this community for programs not streaming, it appears AMC Plus streaming programs was also an issue back in May/June of this year.

My question is, what was the “Fix” at that time and if your Roku support team can do it again to fix this same issue again?

ROKU Device- Roku Express 4k+

I’ve confirmed with AMC Plus that my subscription is active through August 2022.

I’ve followed all troubleshooting steps provided here ie. removed the app, restarted my modem, restarted Roku, added AMC Plus, logged into the app successfully, can view all programs/episodes listed, select playback and again get the message:

We’re sorry, this content is not included in your subscription.

Error Code: 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER

All other Channels I stream on this device have no playback issues.
I can use the AMC Plus app and playback successfully on my iPad. I can playback programs on the AMC Plus website successfully. I was able to stream all AMC Plus programs successfully about 2 weeks ago. 
Please advise.. . . And hopefully it’s not to follow the same steps I’ve already taken multiple times, which did not fix the issue for me.