Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodworktherapy
Level 7

Random static screen on new Roku Ultra

I just purchased a second Roku Ulta. And the new unit randomly goes black and shows static, goes black again and then the picture comes back up. This happens randomly no matter what I am doing on it. I have tried changing HDMI cables with ones that are known good. And still does it. Do I need to return it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lette4ever
Level 7

Re: Random static screen on new Roku Ultra

I also just bought a Roku Ultra on Thursday and no matter what we are watching it randomly goes black adn then to white snowy screen.  After a bit of time goes black again and then the picture comes back up.  The whole time the sound works.  I have tried switching HDMI cables.  I have tried changing display settings and nothing has worked, it continues to do the same thing.  

0 Kudos
woodworktherapy
Level 7

Update. It was my HDMI soundbar that caused the issue. The direct connection fixed the issue. Bummer it won't work with my soundbar, just going to connect the TV audio to it and I should be good.

0 Kudos
lette4ever
Level 7

Is yours an older sound bar?  Mine is a few years old.  Wonder if I had a newer sound bar if it would work?

0 Kudos
woodworktherapy
Level 7

2017 Samsung HW-M450 soundbar. Not all that old.

0 Kudos
Mlm7314mlm
Level 7

Did you resolve this? My new one is also doing this. But I had a premier at first. Same problem.

0 Kudos