Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorgan0927
Level 7

Random Resets

I have a Roku Express and my Roku will randomly reset, I have select a language and go through the whole process. Sometimes once I get all the way through a reset, it will reset itself. It is very frustrating. Once I get set up it says there isn't enough space to play a channel. So I delete every channel except one and it still says there is no memory. This isn't happening with my Express in my kitchen, just in my bedroom. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Random Resets

@Jorgan0927 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering your device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

In regards to memory on your device, we would recommend removing any unused channels on your device, then trying to perform a factory reset on your device. 

For more information on how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jorgan0927
Level 7

Its plugged into an outlet.

And I've removed all non used channels. 

I've even tried different hdmi cords. 

Could it be because of the type of tv I'm using (Sanyo)? I just turned on my tv and I had to reset everything, went to go load a channel and it reset itself so I'm back at the "let's get started"/select a language screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jorgan0927 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device after removing your unused channels?

For more information on how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

If your issue is still unresolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jorgan0927
Level 7

Its plugged into an outlet.

And I've removed all non used channels. 

I've even tried different hdmi cords. 

Could it be because of the type of tv I'm using (Sanyo)? I just turned on my tv and I had to reset everything, went to go load a channel and it reset itself so I'm back at the "let's get started"/select a language screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jorgan0927 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos